The Philippines has steadily gained recognition over the years as a competitive tourism destination with its abundant natural beauty and a rich cultural heritage spread across over 7,100 islands. The tourism industry is an important contributor to the country’s economy. It has provided 2.2 million jobs in 2016, equivalent to 5.5% of total employment in the country, and it generated PHP 230.13 billion, accounting for 8.2% of total GDP in the same year. Arrivals of international tourists to the Philippines reached 5.97 million in 2016, which is a 12.64 % increase compared to 2015.
The Filipino Government’s National Tourism Development Plan 2016-2022 has set medium-term goals to enhance the competitiveness of the Philippines by improving international and domestic connectivity and infrastructure, developing sustainable and inclusive destinations, and emphasizing human resources development in the tourism industry.
The Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA) is providing fiscal and non-fiscal incentives to attract and encourage the private sector, both local and foreign, to develop new destinations for local and foreign tourists, envisioned to create additional economic benefits for the communities hosting the new tourist areas. Across the Philippine islands, TIEZA has designated tourism enterprise zones (TEZs) that are being promoted for interested tourism business locators or partners.
Reflecting the country’s diverse tourism resources, the UNESCO World Heritage List includes five Philippine destinations: Tubbataha Reef National Marine Park, Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras in Ifugao Province, Historic Town of Vigan in Ilocos Sur, Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park in Palawan, and Baroque Churches of the Philippines. These World Heritage sites relay a chapter of the Filipino story. They confirm the country’s abundance in natural beauty and rich tapestry of history, while at the same time illustrating how Filipino creativity over the years has blossomed into a unique national architectural tradition.
- Inform EU companies about commercial opportunities in the tourism sector of the Philippines
- Raise awareness of EU tour & travel companies on the major tourist destinations in the Philippines
- Identify the tourism sites and related business activities that are suitable and attractive for trade and investment by EU locators and tourism suppliers
- Outline the different investment incentives provided by the Philippine government for EU companies
- Visit major tourist destinations and tourism enterprise zones that are potential investment locations and sources of new business growth for EU companies
- Meet and network with Philippine tourism industry officials and stakeholders
Who should join the mission
- Potential investors in tourism enterprises such as hotel developers, accommodationproviders, restaurants, and retail shops
- Cruise, luxury and maritime tourism operators
- Outbound travel agencies and tour operators
- Dive operators, adventure and recreational service providers, sports organisers, and outdoorsports equipment manufacturers
- Makers of nautical lifestyle craft such as yachts, boats, kayaks, canoes, wake boards, and water sports accessories
- Theme park operators and tourism estate developers/managers
- Health and wellness enterprises
- Tourism-related service providers, including e-travel
- MICE & business travel organisers
Participation Fee: EUR 1,700
Application & Registration
Application deadline: March 23, 2018.
To register and be considered for selection, EU companies shall:
Complete the online registration form by following the button below.
Submit to EPBN their company profile, including expectations on the Philippine market.
Pay the full amount of the participation fee of EUR 1,700 and send a
copy of the bank transfer to validate the registration by March 27, 2018.
EPBN cannot guarantee a specific number of B2B meetings.
In case of cancellation of participation, no refund will be issued.
It is understood that EU company delegates shall pay for their own
international flight tickets and all hotel accommodations in the Philippines.